A Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) measures linear displacement to a very high degree of accuracy, generating measurement data that is critical to the product testing process and to product reliability and quality. It is a widely used and essential measurement tool that has clear business benefits.
LVDT’s are used across many different industries and have a very high degree of robustness. The advantages of LVDT sensors include:
- Low energy consumption: helping to increase cost-efficiency and manage costs.
- High sensitivity: ensuring consistent, highly accurate measurement of linear displacement.
- Very robust: providing durability within measurement processes and a long lifespan to help lower expenditure.
- Good adaptability: meaning measurement can happen where space and access are limited.
- High quality repeatability: providing extremely accurate results every time they are used.
An LVDT sensor is widely used across many different industries, from the aerospace, automotive and pharmaceutical industries to the energy, electronics and environmental sectors. They are versatile and will help businesses measure linear displacement accurately.
Here at Monitran our LVDTs are assembled from stainless steel and can be sealed to most IP levels, including IP68. The rugged construction and simple principle of operation results in high reliability and accuracy, allowing displacement measurement to be carried out seamlessly.
As a highly skilled and experienced precision sensor manufacturer we will ensure that you have the right LVDT sensor at your disposal. So no matter which sector you operate in, we will have the right application for your needs. We do this by ensuring that our experienced engineers are always on hand to offer advice and assistance in the selection process, and offer both pre- and post-sale support.
We understand that it is critical that you have the right, high-quality LVDT for your application. Please contact us now to find out more about our LVDT’s.